About Me

I'm Dani. Foodie. Lover of Beauty and Fashion. Gym and Green Tea Addict. Instagram Obsessed. Legal Eagle. (Sometimes I blog)
a

Saturday 19 June 2010

Good evening my giddy girlies!!!

Like any other girl out there I dream of having perfect skin...

Of course this isn't something I am naturally blessed with. Particularly because I had bad skin at a teenager and have bad pores as a result. In addition, I have issues with my makeup becoming patchy from below my cheeks to my jaw. NOT.A.GOOD.LOOK.

However, after searching and searching high and low I have found a couple of foundations I am pretty happy with!! I know some girlies find that all the time but for me it has actually taken years!

So, the first one I wanted to share with you is Estee Lauders Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup SPF10. It retails at £24.50 and provides a buildable medium coverage. The finish is described at natural, semi-matte. Personally, I find it matte on my skin, which is why in the below picture I have mixed it with Double Wear Light Stay in Place Makeup SPF10 also £24.50. The coverage is sheer to medium with a natural finish. Mixed together it seems to cover my imperfections without looking to heavy or cakey. As you can see...


I am pretty happy with this finish. I like that my skin doesn't look like I am wearing a mask and you can still see my skin through the foundation. This is something I am really keen on these days as I think that heavier foundations are making my skin look dull and tired.

I was given the Light foundation by a friend who prefers MAC so it was the perfect opportunity to try it.

Alone I found it to be too sheer and that it didn't last as long on my skin as the standard Double Wear foundation. However, mixed together I really like the look on my skin for summer. Come winter I will just use the standard foundation alone and wouldn't purchase the lighter formulation because it is just too sheer.

I have heard of girls suffering from dry skin as a result of the standard Double Wear foundation. I must say that in winter I did find my skin to be a little flaky when wearing this, but I believe this to be down to not having found a good primer at the time and walking 3 miles to work in the FREEZING winter we had every day!!

All in all I do love this foundation because it makes my skin look smooth and flawless - particularly in photos. I don't think that for a good foundation that lasts £24.50 is expensive and it lasts me around 6 months, so I certainly don't need to buy it too often!! These days it will last me longer as I have other go to foundations too, whereas this used to be the only one I would use.

I will review all the recent ones I have tried with more pics for comparison soonie too so you can see all my faves!

8 comments:

  1. Not tried it, but you look lovely and have a gorgeous profile x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with VexintheCity..pretty picture! You look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my current foundation and i love it !!! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks a realy good foundation and you look stunning!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get patchy between my cheek an jaw too..lol! i thought i was the only one!! everyone else's makeup looks so good mine goes on fine but gets patchy in the same place all the time no matter how neat apply it! Think i tried doublewear before, i like it but i think i caked it on a bit much. might try it again..

    kerrie..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @vexinthecity & laurenrhiannon thank you very much ladies so sweet of you both!!! x

    @jade - yay! i have heard quite a lot of girls use this. It's the staying power that makes me use it over and over. x

    @catanya - thank you hunni - it's definitely worth a try. Makes my skin look MUCH better. x

    @sugar baby xx - can't believe you suffer from the same prob!!everytime i mention it to anyone they have never heard of it happening before! try and get some samples of the lighter formula to mix with the standard one - it's not as cakey then and the samples last long enough to get a good idea whether you like or not. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unless that foundation performs miracles, I don't know what you are trying to hide- your skin is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww thank you so much - it is a really good foundation for "evening out" though! x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and read every single one!