About Me

I'm Dani. Foodie. Lover of Beauty and Fashion. Gym and Green Tea Addict. Instagram Obsessed. Legal Eagle. (Sometimes I blog)
a

Saturday 24 November 2012



Like me, a lot of you will probably have gel polish manicures, or at least give them a try.  What you might not always be able to do it get to a salon to remove them.  I have found that if one chips, or the grow out is a bit too much, I just want it off straight away as it looks too scruffy for me.  Also, fitting in salon appointments can be pretty inconvenient when you have lots of other things to do, especially in the busy lead up to xmas.

So I thought I would give you a quick run down of how I remove my gel polish at home, without the need to go to a salon and pay for the service!

1. Get your Acetone ready (you can pick this up at boots for like £3)

2. Cut up tinfoil and kitchen roll, or cotton wool - your choice and have a nail file handy

3. File the posh gently to take off the top shine (not necessary but apparently makes it quicker)

4. Put some acetone on the kitchen roll and place it on top of your nail

5. Then wrap the nail and kitchen roll in tinfoil ensuring that the foil is wrapped around tightly

6. Repeat for all nails and leave on for 10 - 15 minutes.

7.  Remove from nails and your nails should be clean, if not gently remove the rest with an orange stick (as long as you don't need to scrape - if you do - you need to soak for longer!)

End result is...


Nice gel polish free clean nails!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments and read every single one!