About Me

I'm Dani. Foodie. Lover of Beauty and Fashion. Gym and Green Tea Addict. Instagram Obsessed. Legal Eagle. (Sometimes I blog)
a

Monday 10 February 2014

If you are anything like me you might just burn the candle at both ends and find yourself in need of some under eye concealer to cover the obvious signs!  Unfortunately for me though, even when I have early nights, drink lots of water and eat well I still suffer from really bad darker pigmentation around my eyes.  It's more a reddy brown than anything.  And then purple practically right in the corner near the nose.  Fit. 

This is nothing new for me and as a result I have spent a fortune on concealers over the years.  In an attempt to save money, I didn't repurchase the standard Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer I use when it ran out.  I then used illamasqua for a while, which was great for staying power but definitely too light a shade (despite being colour matched I might add).  

So, in an attempt to find something slightly more appropriate, I headed to Superdrug and purchased a corrector and concealer palette from Sleek and MUA.  

Unfortunately, neither worked too well on me and I am back to Bobbi Brown!

Sleek Corrector and Concealer Palette (£7.99)

Purchased from Superdrug

I found that the coverage was firstly too light with this product.  Light in texture and coverage.  The Lighter shade (left) corrector was actually a good colour.  The problem is that as soon as you put the darker shade on, it undoes all the work the corrector has done and draws attention to your dark circles!  This is probably down to shading, but you are obviously limited in terms of what you can choose within the palette.  This combined with the fact that the texture is too light makes this a no for me and sadly a waste of money as I will never use it.

MUA Conceal and Brighten Kit (£3.50)

Purchased from Superdrug
Similarly, the texture is too light with this concealer also.  However, by this I mean way to light, as in pointless.  Now I feel bad hating on an MUA product as generally I like their makeup, but this is a prime example of when drugstore just doesn't work.  The texture and colours are totally off.  Texture wise I can only describe this as greasy.  And the colour just highlights any flaws and lines etc.   It's a definitely no from me I am afraid.


The only time I could say these products may work are if you barely have dark circles - but if that is the case I would say stick to foundation and some touché éclat!

Has anyone else tried these successfully?
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments and read every single one!