About Me

I'm Dani. Foodie. Lover of Beauty and Fashion. Gym and Green Tea Addict. Instagram Obsessed. Legal Eagle. (Sometimes I blog)
a

Sunday 2 February 2014

Nivea Skincare

Nivea really seem to have stepped up their game.  My first introduction to Nivea (along with lots of other girls) was that little blue circular tub of their super thick moisturiser.  I still use this when necessary now!

Recently though, I found that I appear to have a new found appreciation for Nivea.  It's one of those things that has crept up on me.  It started firstly with the Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover (£3.49).  I like this because it is a cheaper version of Lancome Bi-Facil Oil Free Cleanser and Makeup Remover (£21.00).  I have to say - it pretty much does as good a job.  So I've stopped buying Lancome now.  I'd recommend this because I have super sensitive eyes but wear really strong waterproof mascara so need something heavy duty to get the stuff off.  This is perfect for that and one of the few out there that work.  A definite must have.

Then, during a supermarket visit I picked up some Pure and Natural Cleansing Lotion (£3.65), again weirdly to replace another Lancome cleansing product.  I like this because it smells nice and leaves my skin feeling clean and moisturised.  What I will say is that I still feel like I need to use a toner or face wash after it on the basis that if I don't there will be some foundation left behind.  I imagine that this is because I wear Estee Lauder double wear and find that this is the case will every cleansing lotion I have ever used.

I received the Light Moisturising Day Cream (£4.25) for Christmas, which I loved because it went with  my other products and found that this is the perfect moisturiser to use if you are having a light makeup day, no makeup day or (and this is how I mostly use it) if you have been to the gym and you are removing and refreshing your makeup during the day as a result.  It's light and fresh and does not leave skin feeling greasy.  It does however leave your skin feeling moisturised and supple.  I find however that I still realistically need an eye cream with this and therefore for me, if I was using this under my normal makeup, I'd ensure I used it with an eye cream - otherwise I look a bit liney under the eyes I'm afraid!  Again though a definitely recommendation.

I also use the Refreshing Cleansing Wipes (£3.09) post gym and to wipe off any cleanser residue but I have run out!!

Looking on their website I can see they really do have loads of products and plan on trying a primer or serum next - let me know if you have any recommendations yourselves!
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments and read every single one!