About Me

I'm Dani. Foodie. Lover of Beauty and Fashion. Gym and Green Tea Addict. Instagram Obsessed. Legal Eagle. (Sometimes I blog)
a

Sunday 20 May 2012





As you know, I love shellac. I seriously don't know how I managed without it for all those years!

Obviously though, with it lasting so long you need a colour that you won't get too bored with. Which is tough. I love dark colours for that, it is easier to get tired with bright colours.

Dark colours can also seem a bit out of place in these months. So this time I went for a nude. I wanted a little more character to it though so I had a shimmer put on top also.

The colour combination is cocoa and iced coral. I like the combination but I must say, I thought it would be more of a gold shimmer than the greeny tinge it has!! I still like it but I think I need to opt for a more gold shimmer next time!

There are loads of colour combinations online which are much more exciting which is great for a bit of variety!

What do you think?

Anyone else mix colours when having a gel manicure?
Categories: ,

10 comments:

  1. your nails look fab dani, i love the colour at least with it being quite nude you can always paint over it, i always go for a nude shellac as i do get boared easily and then just paint over it in between refills, hope you had a great weekend kisses xxx leonie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely agree about painting over nude - makes it much more versatile! x

      Delete
  2. I love to mix colours! I think it adds something abit different to you nails!
    Yours look gorgeous! Lovely colours :)

    I am now following your blog! Follow back if you like :)
    Pretty Little Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun - I had already meant to follow you but it hadn't worked!! Lovely blog - I am now following you too xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Awww thank you - all thanks to gel polish - they were stubs before!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE gel manicures, but my nails usually end up cracked after a week. Has it ever happened to you?

    Raech
    ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first got them done I found that two nails did chip but that is all, after that it's maybe happened twice - definitely an exception, although when I did my own with a different gel system they broke and were not as strong. Maybe it is the application technique or the gel polish..?

      Delete
  5. Shellac is such a lifesaver! I love the shape of your nails, gorgeous.
    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg isn't it!!! I love it so much and thank you !

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments and read every single one!